Terms and Conditions
Warwick Castle Breaks
Holiday Extras Shortbreaks Limited Booking Conditions for Warwick Castle Breaks hotel packages.
We want to offer you the best products and the best service. We aim to consistently exceed your expectations, so that when you are booking with us, you can feel confident you're with the best team there is. This section aims to bring important points to your attention.
These booking conditions form the basis of your contract with Holiday Extras Shortbreaks Limited (trading as Holiday Extras). Holiday Extras Shortbreaks Limited operates Warwick Castle Breaks on behalf of Warwick Castle. The web site address www.warwickcastlebreaks.com is used by Holiday Extras Shortbreaks Limited for the promotion of hotels with Warwick Castle entrance tickets. In these booking conditions 'We', 'us' and 'our' means Holiday Extras Shortbreaks Limited. 'You' and 'your' means all persons named on the booking, including anyone added or substituted at a later date.
Once your hotel package for Warwick Castle has been confirmed by us we will accept responsibility for it in accordance with the following Booking Conditions as an organiser under The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018.
Redeeming your voucher:
Vouchers issued on or before 15th August 2021:
Vouchers issued on or after 16th August 2021:
Booking Terms and Conditions
1. Making your booking: The party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these Booking Conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. Please be advised that one guest per room must be 18 years old or over.
All bookings must be made online via the website named above, via our Guest Experience Team or through one of our authorised travel agents. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm this to you and provide your confirmation by email.
Group Bookings: Please note for large group bookings of 5 rooms or more (including school bookings) the prices on our website are not applicable and we reserve the right to cancel. Please contact email@example.com to make enquiries for large group bookings.
You will be issued with an instant email confirmation carrying a link to your print at home tickets if applicable. Please carefully follow the instructions on how to print your own tickets as you must bring these with you to gain entry to Warwick Castle. If you do not have access to an email address or are encountering difficulties obtaining your booking confirmation, please see our Help Centre for more information.
Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking. All monies you pay to one of our authorised travel agents for your holiday with us will be held by the agent on your behalf until we issue our confirmation invoice. After that point, your agent will hold the monies on our behalf.
Please note: Warwick Castle Breaks uses the merchant ID 'hex*warwickcastlebreak' or 'HXPAYMENTS', and this will appear on your bank account statement once you have made your booking and payment has been taken from your account.
3. Your contract: A binding contract between us comes into existence when we or our Guest Experience Team Sales Specialist / your travel agent gives you your booking reference. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. We both agree that English Law (and no other) will apply to your contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us (except as set out below). We both also agree that any dispute, claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of England and Wales only unless, in the case of Court proceedings, you live in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland. In this case, proceedings must either be brought in the Courts of your home country or those of England and Wales or the Republic of Ireland. If proceedings are brought in Scotland or Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, you may choose to have your contract and any dispute, claim or other matter of any description which arises between us governed by the law of Scotland/Northern Ireland/ the Republic of Ireland as applicable (but if you do not so choose, English law will apply).
4. Identity verification search: We will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. The cost of your break: Holiday Extras is committed to providing the best choice of product, at the best prices, so throughout the season we continually review our products and prices. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your chosen package will be confirmed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertised and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error.
All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT at the current rate.
6. Changes by you: Should you wish to make any changes to your confirmed break, you must notify us as soon as possible. Whilst we will endeavour to assist, we cannot guarantee we will be able to meet any such requests. All amendments must be made through Warwick Castle Breaks at Holiday Extras.
Any bookings within 36 hours of the date of ticket entrance to Warwick Castle or within 36 hours of the hotel stay are non-amendable and non-refundable. You will have to pay the cancellation charges set out in clause 7.
7. Cancellation by you: Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through Warwick Castle Breaks and are subject to the conditions and charges (based on the total booking cost) below.
If you choose not to add on the Cancellation Waiver, the following cancellation charges will apply:
- Cancellation on arrival date, or non-arrival date
- 100% of total booking value
- Cancellation within 36 hours-3 days before arrival
- 75% of total booking value
- Cancellation within 4-14 days before arrival date
- 50% of total booking value
- Cancellation more than 14 days before arrival date
- 25% of total booking value
- Cancellation on date of booking (before 4pm — Unless your stay date is within 36 hours then 100% cancellation fees apply) 0% of total booking value
- 0% of total booking value
8. Cancellation protection: If you add our non-refundable cancellation protection on to your booking (at the time of booking), this will protect you if you need to cancel for any reason.
Provided you cancel your booking at least 36 hours before the date of your stay or park entry (whichever is the sooner), then you will receive a full refund of your booking cost, minus the cancellation protection charge which is non-refundable. Please note that if you cancel your stay within this 36 hour period, you will be charged the full cost of your booking.
Please note the cancellation notice period may be impacted by a change in opening times during the festive season. Please allow for this change in opening times when calculating your minimum 36 hours notice of cancellation. The notice period excludes 25th December, this will not be reflected on your confirmation for Winter Breaks.
Cancellations must be performed over the telephone during our usual opening hours of 09.00 and 17.00 Monday — Sunday. (Please note these times may vary during the winter festive season). Cancellation requests via email or voicemail will not be processed.
9. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors on websites / brochures and other details. This may happen both before and after bookings have been confirmed, and we reserve the right to cancel confirmed bookings if necessary.
Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. Significant changes include the following changes when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower official classification or standard.
- A change of accommodation area.
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
accepting the changed arrangements or
purchasing an alternative Warwick Castle Break from us, of a similar standard to that originally booked if available. If the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference.
cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a refund minus the cost of any Cancellation Protection. Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one.
10. Force Majeure: Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 11 (a) below) as a result of "force majeure".
In these Booking Conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
11. Our liability to you:
We promise to make sure that the holiday arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide, as an applicable part of our contract with you, are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted holiday arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted holiday arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
The act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party
The act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your holiday and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable 'force majeure' as defined in clause 10.
Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertised in our brochure and we have not agreed to arrange them.
Also please note that whilst we endeavour to ensure photographs are appropriate and accurate representations they must not be regarded as contractual.
The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
12. Complaints and problems: In the unlikely event that you experience a problem whilst on your Short Break and need to raise a complaint please follow the below steps:
When you're on your Short Break: if a problem or complaint arises whilst you're on your Short Break, please inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing and given to the supplier as soon as possible.
Please note: We will not accept responsibility for any matter that you are aware of and do not bring to the attention of the hotel or Park during your break, thereby giving them an opportunity to rectify the issue.
If you remain dissatisfied, you must write to our Guest Support Team by visiting our Help Centre within 28 days of the end of the break you have purchased from us giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint.
For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
13. Your Responsibilities: Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons travelling are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of a Warwick Castle Break.
It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. British Citizens do not require a passport or visa for the Warwick Castle Break package we offer. Irish citizens require a full Irish passport to enter the UK. A full Irish passport takes at least 5 weeks to obtain. If you or any member of your party is not a British Citizen or passport holder and are travelling from outside the UK please check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the UK and any other countries through which you are intending to travel. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto any transport or into the UK as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
14. Conditions of suppliers: Many of the services which make up your break are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
15. Special requests and medical problems: If you have any special requests, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
If you or any member of your party has any medical problem or disability which may affect your break, please tell us before you confirm your booking. In any event, you must give us full details in writing at the time of booking. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person concerned, we must reserve the right to decline their reservation or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
16. Financial security: For hotel packages with Warwick Castle entrance tickets, we operate a trust account. This arrangement means your money will be refunded in the unlikely event of our being unable to provide your break due to our insolvency.
17. Call monitoring and recording: As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
18. Directions: Please make sure you have directions to your hotel and the hotel's telephone number. Warwick Castle's postcode is CV34 6AH (standard parking) and is well sign posted and less than two miles from junction 15 of the M40. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date road map.
19. Overnight parking: Parking for the night of your stay at the hotel is included in the price as and where indicated, otherwise a parking charge is payable directly to the hotel. Parking is always at the vehicle owner's risk. Hotels own car parks are unsecured unless otherwise stated.
20. Holiday Extras star ratings: All hotel star ratings in Holiday Extras literature are Holiday Extras own ratings and are based on the following:
Any official rating awarded to the hotel, for example: AA Stars, RAC Stars and ETB Crowns will be considered, but they would not translate directly into the equivalent number of Holiday Extras stars.
If a hotel does not hold an official rating, we evaluate it on a similar basis to most official scheme operators.
In both of the above cases, when giving our rating we also consider:
Feedback we have received from our guests.
Feedback from our own regular visits to the hotels, both on business and as guests.
21. Breakfast: Is included unless otherwise stated.
22. Leisure facilities: If available, may be charged for and certain restrictions may apply. For example children may not be permitted to use some or all facilities and some facilities may incur an extra charge.
23. Alarm calls: As hotels do not take responsibility for alarm calls we suggest you take a travel alarm.
24. Pre-authorisation at hotel: Please be aware that most hotels will ask you for a credit or debit card against which they can pre-authorise an amount in respect of any extras or other expenses charged to the room. The amount pre-authorised is at the discretion of the hotel and varies widely. In the event that any charges are payable you will be free to pay for these either with the pre-authorised card or by any other acceptable means.
25. Entry conditions: Use of your Warwick Castle ticket implies agreement with the Entry conditions posted on the Warwick Castle website, at the Warwick Castle entrance and / or in the Attraction guide.
Warwick Castle management reserves the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder and, in the interest of the public and for safety reasons, they also reserve the right to require guests to leave the Attraction at any time.
No person under the age of 18 will be admitted to Warwick Castle unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such person or persons whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
26. Car parking: Car parking is chargeable on arrival at the Attraction.
27. The standard short break package offering is a 1-day ticket entry into the Castle where stated. Your Castle entry day is the date displayed on your ticket. For guests with 2-day tickets, your 1st entry day is the date displayed on your ticket and your 2nd entry day will be the following day.
Please note that School Holiday dates may vary across the country and only certain activities are available at Warwick Castle during School Holiday dates. All prices and offers are on selected dates only. All prices are subject to change and availability.
Please note if you purchase a Merlin Annual Pass at Warwick Castle, Warwick Castle Breaks will not be liable to refund the cost of the tickets purchased on your Warwick Castle Breaks package prior to purchasing your Merlin Annual Pass.
If you have any further queries regarding your Warwick Castle Break, please contact us:
Holiday Extras Shortbreaks Limited
Alternatively please see our Help Centre for more information.